Sunday, October 7, 2012

Elder Tree

Here are some photos of a nearby tree I visit every time I walk the dog. The first time I saw this tree I was struck by the resemblance to a woman with her arms outstretched. So to me this tree has a female energy, and I call her the Elder Tree. She is covered in thick moss, and her branches reach out over a small creek. It's a beautiful spot at any time of year.

Her arms are outstretched

Soft moss covers the trunk and branches

Dramatic on this overcast day

Elder Tree is in a public wooded area, so while it's somewhat private there still sounds of traffic and other urban noises. It doesn't bother me (although I do feel sad when I see trash or graffiti) as I simply accept it as part of the landscape. The beauty and power of nature doesn't go away, we are just distracted from it by other things. So, all you have to do is make a conscious effort to notice. I feel quite lucky to have a wooded area like this the same distance from me as the grocery store and movie theatre.  



No comments:

Post a Comment