Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Venus flirts with the Sun


The planet Venus, the manifestation of the beautiful goddess of love and desire. Around the world people gathered to adore her as she crossed in front of the sun. Aphrodite has been on my mind lately, and I made an offering to her over the weekend. I do almost all my rituals outside, and it was a lovely sunny day so I took advantage of the moment. Offerings can be anything that is meaningful to you, and I used incense, red and pink flowers, and a red candle. I watched the sweet smoke from the incense rise up into the sky, and imagined it taking my thoughts (and tears - I tend to get emotional!) with it to the universe above. Then out of nowhere, it began to rain - and I mean it poured. Heavy, large raindrops just pelted down on me. The timing was quite magical actually, as though my offering had been received and Aphrodite was crying with me. So awesome. I love being pagan!

No comments:

Post a Comment